PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QJo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QJo

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    How I should play in situation like this?

You should never call UTG all-in with QJo. You just fold. Even if you have read on the opponent that he's maniac, maniacs can also have monster hands.

Comment

Is this h-turbo? Cause if it is then i might be wrong.

Comment

This should be a very easy fold. Villain might be a tilted maniac that is shoving any two cards, but QJ is not far ahead of a random hand and is way behind any pair, ace, or king. The absolute worst option is to flat call the open shove, leaving 118 chips behind, because if someone else calls, the pot will be much larger than your stack, meaning you are pot-committed, and have to get the rest in if you have any pair or draw, or even just two overcards.
        When someone open shoves in a cash game, the only hands I'd call with are QQ+, and possibly JJ if the stacks are relatively short. If someone shoved over 100 big blinds (like in this example) I'd even fold AK, as I want to be better than flipping.
        Villain shows up with T8o, which is a trash hand, but even if you were heads up against that hand, QJ would lose more than a third of the time. There's no need to gamble like this. Learn to be patient in cash games, and get your money in when you're much more likely to be a favourite.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.