PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR 2NL ZOOM, should i have fold the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR 2NL ZOOM, should i have fold the river?

no reads on villain couldnt he have a set, str8 or AT with the A of clubs? (OTT)
    Last edited by Espada_Nu.4; Sat Aug 24, 2013, 07:56 PM.

No way I am folding river unless he overbets to a ridiculous amount.
    But the value bet could indicate a lower flush or a straight, so we can't really do much but call.

Comment

Hi Espada,

The chance to flop a flush is 1 in 118 or <1%; so you can imagine the unlikely hood of two opponents flopping a flush which makes this hand sick!
      With that said, I think I would bet the flop and turn bigger to protect from naked clubs when we are raised OTT I think this is a way ahead - way behind situation because given the board texture and our holding if they have a flush they have us beat. Against a limping range of {TT-22, AT-A2, KQ-KT, QJ-QT, JT, T9s-54s, Q9s-Q8s, J9s-86s, J8s-T7s } they have 7 combos of flushes: Ac7c ,Ac5c, Ac3c, Ac2c, KcQc, KcJc, QcJc which all beat us.
      There are 27 combos that would raise the turn: Flush, Straight, Two Pair, Set of Tens.
      { Ac7c ,Ac5c, Ac3c, Ac2c, KcQc, KcJc, QcJc, TT, QJo, T9s, T8s, 76s }
      They will have:
      Flush 25%
      Straight 55%
      Set 5%
      2pair 15%
      We have 70% equity, I call turn

OTR, when the 7 comes I think all non J straights and two pair will check back here
      So let's remove 76s, T8 and T9; they will now bet QJ ( I think for them to call with QJ OTF they would do this with a Qc or Jc ) SO that reduces the combos of QJ going to the river
      which means we now lose to 54% of his river bet range and win against 46% of his range. Which makes it a pretty close decision here. His bet size OTR means we only need to be good 25% of the time so I think calling here is not a mistake although one might argue that even a QJ would check back the river in which case we are never good in that spot.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.