PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bet to find out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bet to find out?

Hi, recently I was said no to be shy about publishing my hands. I'm a definition of poker bigginer and I keep running into situations like this one - http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0BB792B89A
    Is there a way how to play differently/better with boarded overcard to my pocket pair?

Thanks

Hi Bakelants,

When we have small to medium pocket pairs, sometimes we call a raise sometimes we re-raise ourselves, and other times we just fold. It depends on our opponent and on the depth of money.

On the flop, there is no point in betting. We will fold worse hands and get called by better. I would take a check-call line to let our opponent bet his missed hands and then re-asses the turn card.

Comment

If your opponent is on the tight or passive side, I fold pre as I prefer 20:1 implied odds as I am less likely to be paid off when I do hit.

If they are reasonably aggressive I agree with the post above.

Good decisions.

Comment

Hey Bakelants, Seeing that your question is about betting for information I thought you might like these two PokerStars videos 1. Betting (for information) 2. Gathering Information Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.