PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL FR Zoom: 3-betting light vs ABC reg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL FR Zoom: 3-betting light vs ABC reg

This hand comes from 25NL FR Zoom. The btn is a known reg. He plays a pretty standard ABC game and opens with a wide range from position. Making 3-bets with marginal hands like this is pretty standard on 6-Max and seems to have an even greater likelyhood to succeed at Full Ring where players are more careful.

Aynthing I need to worry about with this line, assuming I am not overdoing it. My 3-bet% is usually between 4% and 5%.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...441_784FCE31F5

Thanks!

Roland GTX

If this reg opens wide from button and to 3x as standard then this is likely very profitable. I find that there is a wide range of fold to 3 bet stats from the regs, you did not say what his fold to 3 bet is? I don't want to do this if he is likely calling. Also worth considering his fold to cbet in a 3bet pot if he is a bit prone to call.
    Like the sizing, like the hand you are doing this with - good hand, don't really want to call with it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
      If this reg opens wide from button and to 3x as standard then this is likely very profitable. I find that there is a wide range of fold to 3 bet stats from the regs, you did not say what his fold to 3 bet is? I don't want to do this if he is likely calling. Also worth considering his fold to cbet in a 3bet pot if he is a bit prone to call. Like the sizing, like the hand you are doing this with - good hand, don't really want to call with it tho.
      Good point! I just added Fold to 3bet as a new stat in my HUD, thanks!umbup: Roland GTX

Comment

Hi Greg,

It's fine, sizing is good. I would also be looking at his F3B stat, c-betting stats, etc., as well as who the BB player is. But if he's opening wide from the button I'm definitely defending, and I do think flat is an option here sometimes as we will dominate some of his wide opening range that he'll fold to a 3b a lot (QT, K8, suited connector hearts type stuff). If the BB is a big fish I prefer flatting and inviting him in.

I would 3b light here with hands just outside the range I think I can profitably call, and this is about the bottom of that range, so either is fine imo.
        Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Aug 20, 2013, 09:44 PM.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.