PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 JcQc four a kind flop slow play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 JcQc four a kind flop slow play

Here is a hand that i recently played, i think my standard raise pre-flop was bad from this position with JcQc, but to my luck 3 queens showed up on the flop, now do you think i was right to slow play this hand, since i knew the villains didn't have anything, or should have i played more aggressively ?

Many players will disagree with me here, but this is a spot where I always bet the flop. You have quads and can only lose to a runnner-runner straight flush, but I would bet out for value, primarily because villains will never give you credit for four of a kind. Since you were the pre-flop raiser, you are expected to make a continuation bet. You can also get called by worse, especially as it's multiway. Anyone holding a pocket pair flopped a full house, and Zeebo theorem states that "no one folds a boat, whatever bet size you choose". If you bet the flop and get called, you can then check the turn. This line will look like you were making a standard c-bet (with AK, for example) and then gave up when you got called. A villain in position will likely bet the turn, and you can call. On the river, I would often lead for a huge overbet, as this will look like a bluff, and will get called by hands like 99 and anything that made a boat (7x and 8x on this board). Since you seldom flop such a big hand, you should try and get paid the maximum when you do. Slowplaying to allow villains to "catch up" misses a whole street of value.
    On the few occasions that I've flopped quads and fast-played, I've won a stack from a full house every single time. I therefore think you missed a lot of value by checking the flop and betting so small on the turn.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks for the feedbeck

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.