PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM FR, bluffing on possible villain's misflush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM FR, bluffing on possible villain's misflush

His check on the river made me think he missed his flush draw. One thing, is it ok to play zoom, or it's better to play normal tables so I can have better read on my opponents? Thanks!

Hi John,

You picked up on some weakness when the villain couldn't fire a 3rd time. But think of bluffing as getting a better hand than yours to fold. You could range it as AQ AJ AT A9 small pair? Realistically bluffing at the micros is not such a good idea but I like your move probably Ace rag folded.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Aug 19, 2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

I think the line you decide to take OTF is villain dependent; Against opponents that fire double barrels I'd prefer taking a more aggressive approach with my draws just because they know what boards to cbet and this flop is one of them so I'd exploit that by raising to win the pot right now with Q high or if they continue we build a pot when we make our flush. Against more passive opponents, I would call and plan to bet to take it down once they check the turn to us.

Good take down OTR. I guess we need to be careful in these spots against certain opponents. I'd x/c my KQ on this board to snap miss draws and KJ/KT

Regarding your question on ZOOM. I think it's personal preference. I think at ZOOM tables your hourly rate would be higher because you get to play more hands but at regular tables (assuming you table select well) your winrate would be higher because you would be exploiting the same opponent over and over again. I personally play ZOOM and the reads I have are the stats I build up at the tables.

Comment

for me Zoom is not as profitable as i'm still working on my reads I have to think though what the stats / type of villain means and try to range them from that information which still takes processing time for me. When that becomes more second nature ten i think zoom will be better but for now normal speed is good for me.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.