PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA versus 3bet from blinds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA versus 3bet from blinds

Stats : 19/15, 3bet 3(1 out of 29) Choose not to 4bet because of position where 3bet was coming from. Tought he might be restealing or valueing more light,so I can win at least a cbet from him. With QQ KK he put his stack on flop anyways.Worse would fold to 4bet. How would you played this one, and why? Thanks in advance

Hi morduk,

I really prefer 4-betting here for 2 main reasons:

1) Villain is a very nitty 3-bettor, so his range rates to be pretty strong right now (but may not like the flop so much)

2) Because we are on the button opening we will get less credit than normal for a real hand, making it less likely villain will fold his already strong 3b range to a 4b, and a bit more likely he'll 5b us with hands like QQ and AK. Since his range rates to be strong, and we cooler all of it preflop, reopen the betting now while he thinks he's got the button stealer in a world of hurt.

I would also raise directly on the flop. It's pretty essential imo as his range is largely JJ+ and AK, and if he doesn't have a club then another one coming will freeze your action (and if he does have the K or Q of clubs, it will embolden him and he may well 3b/get it in right on the flop with JJ-KK and a club draw... and he's certainly never folding with a big club). There's just so many potential action killers... give 2 red Q's a chance to stack off now or at least put more money in now before an overcard or club comes and freezes him.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.