PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKo in a 3bet pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKo in a 3bet pot

Hello, Villain VP14/PR10/F3B25(500). I assume that he's playing there 7.5% of hands right? Imo in a 3bet game hand rages a pretty narrow, board is dry there (and I'm not sure he would play draw agrressivly) and I thought that there aren't hands I'm ahead to, I'm splitting to AK and loosing to sets and AQ. so easy fold right?
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Shichi, Good fold! I'm folding TPTK here too with little to no chance to improve on later streets. Yes he is continuing with 7.5% of his range to 3bets. And I like the 4x 3bet since he is not folding to 3bets well. That's like: 77+, AJ+, KQs. I think they would be calling more when they are IP and less when they are OOP. I would also expect them to 4bet AA/KK/AK. So here they could be sitting on 55, QQ, AQ, sometimes AK. Without any other reads this sounds like a descent fold umbup:

Comment

Hello, Thanks for comment.
      What other reads may I use here?

Comment

Hi Schichi, basically x/r and bluff tendencies on A highs or flop cbet raises with gutshots/draws. I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh especially with just 500 hands on villain though.

Comment

Where do you get that 7.5% continuance range from?

Comment

Nevermind i can see how you get that range of hands now. Just a thought though that 7.5% range cant be even close to what hes actually got because i never seen nits call 3bets OOP with AJs and KQ.

I would also be folding to this player on that flop as he can have AQ QQ and 55 here alot. Though with your sizing preflop even i wouldn't be calling OOP with half of that range so his raising range there just has us completely crushed.

Comment

He raises 10% of hands and folds to 3-bets 25% of the time. Ergo, he's continuing with 75% of 10% = 7.5%.

I wouldn't trust this sample size, however. 500 hands is enough for VPIP/PFR to "converge", but he could quite easily have had QQ+/AK most of the times he got 3-bet. Most tag-regs are folding to 3-bets at least 50% of the time, if not more.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.