PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5FR Aks sb v bb cold 4bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5FR Aks sb v bb cold 4bet

hi

ok i was table selecting quite alot today and i had only just came onto this table and this happened.

Villan cold 4 bet me but was very small, was from the UK and was only on one table. i think fish.

so what would u do, 5 bet as im OOP, or call was ok?

on flop i was gonna check raise, if i did would i carry on on the turn as it didnt really help my check raising range but i don think it helped the fish 4 betin range (maybe).i was gonn a check/call small bet on river.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...655_FFD59C4134

Hi again UrGetinTaxed,

I think this could go both ways depending on Villain. I don't suppose you are using any tracking software?
    A cold 4bet is usually a strong a hand, but our hand is also at the top of our range considering we are in re-steal position. But that's a very disturbing click from villain!!
    I mean he sizes it so small that I can't consider it as a bluff so I'd range him on top 3% JJ+, AK
    Against that range we have ~43% equity. If we 5bet shove we need to win 42% of the time so the odds are there.
    But given his raise sizing I think we could take a call line even though we are OOP just because we are suited and it adds to the playability of the hand.

OTF we are now even money against JJ+, so yes x/shove would be a nice line we are flipping with pairs and we get folds from AK which we would otherwise split with. As played, I think you should go for a thin value bet OTR - something like 40% pot

Comment

by the way, if you were to x/r then you would need to x/shove because we capitalize on the equity only by seeing turn and river

Comment

thanks geo

was thining along the same lines, wasnt sure wether to get value on river tho.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.