PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pot odds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pot odds

NL HOLDEM BLINDS--150---300--ante 25---- real money tourn.

Everyone folds to SB he raises all in 2100 chips.

the pot is 2775 BB has to put in 1800 chips to call.

he calls and says the reason he called was pot odds.
    turns over 8--5
    A234 comes on the board he wins but that's beside the point

I think it was a very bad call if pot odds was the reason
    Triple Bracelet Winner

So he's putting 1800 into a pot which will now be 4575...1800/4574= 39.34%. So basically he's getting 39% equity on his call.

So the question becomes how wide a range does he now have to put the villain on for this to be a +EV call?

Were we to put the villain on a 70% range we're only flipping hand equity wise with 85 (and that's with me giving the caller the benefit of the doubt and making his 85 suited.

These are the hands that fall under a 70% range...

22+; Ts+-As+ (so ALL suited hands from 102 suited up...); 93s+; 84s+; 74s+; 63s+; 53s+; 43s; A2o+; K2o+; Q3o+; J5o+; T6o+; 96o+; 86o+; 76o

That's some pretty slim pickings left behind that doesn't fall into this range. Basically if one needs for the hands shown above to be the range that the villain needs to be playing just for one to break even on their call---they probably should have folded.

Hope you put a note on this player Taxi.
    Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Aug 09, 2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

thanks Moxie and yes I did
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.