PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL zoom, blinds, 3b bluff lag, with merge or polarized range?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL zoom, blinds, 3b bluff lag, with merge or polarized range?

Villain: 45/36/40 - 11 hands, but note: blinds 3b 45o There is no way to be sure he is total lag, but I have to go with the data I have. So here on: HE IS A FULL LAG - no point of arguing I'm not quite sure I got the terms right in topic. Should I be 3betting with wider value range or with bluffs? The problem I FEEL with 3betting hands like AT is that a) he wins post flop a lot with pure aggression if he calls and I miss b) He might 4b light or even hands like TJs I could just call hand like AT, but then again he is first to bet (and he does that many times) and I need to fold if I miss. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php Button ($2.89) SB ($2) Hero (BB) ($2.23) UTG ($2.35) MP ($1.41) CO ($1.78) Preflop: Hero is BB with , 4 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.23, 1 fold Total pot: $0.12 | Rake: $0 Results below: Hero didn't show , . Hero wins 6 BB
    Last edited by braveslice; Wed Aug 07, 2013, 07:29 PM.

This is a spot where you can easily call a wide range of hands (don't need to necessarily call with 75o, but 75s for sure) against most people since you are getting a great price with your blind already in the pot. I wouldn't negate that advantage by 3betting especially at microstakes where people are less likely to be giving up on hands or react in an unpredictable way.

Also, your hand doesn't hold any blockers to his strong hands (no ace no king no queen as card removal) and it doesn't play too well in a 3bet pot most likely.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Thx xflixx,

Yes, that was a pure bluff with no desire to continue, just counting for the fold equity.

Did I read you right, I should be calling mostly and value 3bet only in NL2 against LAG?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.