PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/2 NLHE Qc9c, flopped 9d5d9h, raise- re-raise - all-in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 NLHE Qc9c, flopped 9d5d9h, raise- re-raise - all-in

I dont know what to fink about this hand.. i feel very bad. I need to know if a made the right call. I was playing nice, winning last 3 days, but this hand really put me down. Tx! Arihmann.-

You played it great. It feels bad, but the more you play the easier it gets. These will happen regularly and sometimes like 3 times a row. On the positive side: you will win against all the odds time to time too!

He probably did not raise 55 and it is quite hard to him have 99 or even one 9 - so most likely he had OP or draw.

We can argue though that calling opening raise (from quite early position) with Q9s in your position wasn't standard play and u were around 22% to win after second caller.
    Last edited by braveslice; Tue Aug 06, 2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Why would you feel bad?
      You made a good play and your opponent got lucky, that happens sometimes (10% of the times on that spot).
      Keep playing like that and you will definitely win more often than lose.

Comment

Hi,

Don't worry about the bad beat, you can't control the cards that come, worry about your decisions only.

Preflop the call is marginal tbh, against a short stack like this opening in early position I would only cold call here with reads that he would check/fold or bet/fold post flop when he missed, so I can win the pot sometimes without improving.

Getting stacks in post flop against this guy should be automatic and hugely profitable, even though we won't win 100% of those individual trials.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.