PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nl2 zoom, fold river bottom set?, quite dry board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nl2 zoom, fold river bottom set?, quite dry board

Villain first hand, no info. On river only hands making sense are 1. moronic player, but his bet sizing was 'regular', 2. 74 for str 3. set of 6 (maybe T) 4. 2P - but he was too happy to raise AI and the day was really tight. Also he only called turn raise. I know that in theory i should go AI - I think, but really I can not find a hand i win.
    Last edited by braveslice; Sun Aug 04, 2013, 08:26 PM.

Hi brave,

Preflop call is good.

On the flop I think we should be leading out. This does some good things for us... it may trap the other caller between us and the raiser, so we can get some extra money in if he's got anything. And the preflop raiser is less likely to c-bet air for us in a 3 way pot, so by leading we ensure that money goes in this round, and if the PFR has a big pair he may well raise us. This is a high stack to pot ratio spot, with .20c in the pot and $2 in the effective stack of the PFR, so letting a betting round go away without any money going in makes it pretty near impossible to get stacks in here.

As played, calling his c-bet does the same thing, keeps the pot small in a situation where we want to build the pot. Raise this bet to about .25c.

Turn bet is again weak, .10c into .36c. Good job raising now but tbh I think we're lucky he bets again after the weak flop lead.

And yes, I would bet/call the river, not folding a set here. If he's got QQ or TT then he's getting a full double up from me. He doesn't have that much left so may decide to splash it in with a number of worse hands including strong 1 pairs and some 2 pair combos he can hold (QT, T8s, 65s are not impossible here).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

River is definitely a call, he can shove as wide as QK there, thinking he is getting value from worse Qx hands.
      I can argue about either donking flop or check raising it, but I don't hate a call for trapping purposes.

Comment

Well, the point of just calling was 1. I wanted to keep Villain6 most likely a fish 2. CB was so weak I though he has A-hi or something like that.

Dave I have bit hard time to figure out what you said about flop raise, I think it might be a new concept to me. I will give it some thought (and ask if I don't get it).

I really thought he is weak, and congratulated myself to get any value out of him, but then he suddenly shoves. Good you are saying to call shove.
        Last edited by braveslice; Mon Aug 05, 2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.