PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl Zoom small bets on flush board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl Zoom small bets on flush board

villain unknown is it a mistake to call the turn/river? I beat any 2 pair and a weaker ace. Is it ok to call with the price given? On a second note, can I exclude aces from his range because of my flop bet? An ace might be in my percieved range so he could just check/call but not lead the turn. If so, is it ok to call the river anyway?

Scratch that, I figured if he bet the turn with 2 pair he wouldn't bet the river when the A gives me trips unless he has a boat. So I am looking to beat a smaller ace that wouldn't bet there most of the time.

Comment

Hi Praydk,

Absent reads, I would follow the mantra I routinely impart in my classes... weak bets mean weak hands until we see differently from a villain. His line looks a lot like a weak ace to me that's hoping to get called by KK. Plus there is always some % of random nonsense bluffs in there. With the tiny sizing I think this is an easy call. We only have to win 15% of the time to break even here, and should be good that often between weaker aces and random nonsense.

When in doubt in spots like this, or when it's close, choose the action that if wrong, is the smaller mistake. Losing a 10BB call is a much smaller mistake than folding the best hand in a 55BB pot.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.