PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value bets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value bets

So thinking about 2 cent no limit on the whole.

Lots of fishy play very passive lots of calls.

my post flop set up is 50% pot , 66% pot and 75% pot.

Given how many players call and that I'm most trying to bet for value is it going to be more profitable to bet 100% 100% and 100%?

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Depends on board texture, number of villains and other factors, but I tend to bet close to the size of the pot on the flop if I have top pair+. On the turn, 75% of pot is good. On the river, it depends on how you view villain's hand strength. When targeting a weak range, a small value bet of a third of pot might be appropriate. If you have the nuts and think villain will call with worse, then bet bigger.
    The basic advice is quite simple however: When you believe you have the best hand, bet as much as you think worse hands will pay.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
      Depends on board texture, number of villains and other factors, but I tend to bet close to the size of the pot on the flop if I have top pair+. On the turn, 75% of pot is good. On the river, it depends on how you view villain's hand strength. When targeting a weak range, a small value bet of a third of pot might be appropriate. If you have the nuts and think villain will call with worse, then bet bigger.
      The basic advice is quite simple however: When you believe you have the best hand, bet as much as you think worse hands will pay.

Hmmm, it can be very hard to know how much you can be paid in the 2 nl level. I will try the 100% on the flop for a bit and see how it goes.

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.