PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom 99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom 99

Hi, villain is playing 17/11/0 and AF=1,5 over just 50 hands. What options I have here on the turn ? bet and check fold the river ? Or just check and call the turn to check fold the river ? Any thoughts ? Thanks umbup:

Hi fp-boss,

I'd bet this flop bigger, we are always getting called by Ax and PPs. OTT I might take a x/c line since now Ax and 66 make a straight and by betting we get folds from 77-88 basically the only hands that we beat. I think you bet to chase FDs but that's the smallest part of his range. x/f the turn could also be close.

Comment

That's a pretty sick runout. On the flop, there are lots of worse hands that can call, so I like a bigger bet (at least 75% of pot), like George said. On the turn, everything changes. Now there are very few worse hands that call. The only hands you beat are 88/77 and flush draws with suited kings, queens and jacks, of which there aren't many combos.
      The biggest problem is that you're either drawing dead vs Ax/66, or you're up against a range that has two overcards to your pair, and a flush draw to go with it. The drawing hands have about 39% equity against you, which is pretty amazing with only one card to come. Against villain's entire range (that got beyond the flop), you're smoked, with about 20% equity.
      I think I'd have to check the turn and probably fold to a bet. If villain checks behind, he may be taking a free card with a flush draw, so you might be able to get to showdown. There aren't many river cards that you can bet for value, however, as anything other than a 9 either improves villain, or scares him.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.