PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom AKs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom AKs

Hi, villain is playing 25/0/0 AF=4 over just 4 hands. The high AF was probably because a raise on the flop OOP (as said the HUD). If I called the flop raise should I call the blank turn as well ? Should I've fold the flop ? I mean I have TPTK but is a check raise on a dry board. And if I call the raise and call the T & R, I'm pretty sure that I'd be behind. Any thoughts ? Thanks umbup:

Given that you are at the top of your range I would also call the turn and re-evaluate action on different river cards. He could of course raise w/ specifically 65, but maybe he also valueraises some worse Kings (looking at his small sizes) or check/raise bluffs here from time to time w/ hands like A5/A2/76 or a hand that turns extra outs like a backdoor flushdraw etc.

For me folding turn against someone unknown is a little too early especially given the small size of his turnbet.
    Live Trainer

Comment

I think when you get raised on a dry flop they have draws and air more than a value hand unless they just dont care what the board looks like.

Comment

Nitty in my opinion, I usually reraise flop but calling flop in order to keep his bluffs-semibluffs on the hand is also fine, I think you should call turn and possibly a brick river too.

Comment

Hi fp_boss, With limited info its difficult to put Villain on a range of hands, but given its 5NL [6 max] Zoom... I think he is likely to be playing a slightly wider range [than FR game] 33+, A4s+, KTs+, A8o+... & most at this level wont be concerned about playing OOP. It's not inconceivable that he would R with worse Kx hands eg. KQs, KJs, KTs or maybe playing 33, 44, but would discount premium hands as would probably RR PF. I would c OTT and poss x/c or R if Villain x OTR [... if FD misses]. Good luck at the tables. Tony [aka Prodigy237 umbup:
          Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Jul 30, 2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

this is just my opinion but i think its a good fold. this is how my AK often goes to valuetown against a set...im less concerned about the straight because fewer people play those but its certainly possible.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.