PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-max AKs vs squeeze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-max AKs vs squeeze

Hi, the villain on BB is playing 18/13/6 over 200 hands and is playing 4 tables. SB is playing 16/6/0 over 33 hands. Fold, call or 4B ?

Hey fp_boss77

There are two choices here, call and raise, which is to say folding is out of the picture. I don't mind either and I would default to putting in a four-bet here. I think its hard to go wrong either way.

Pros of calling
    - we get the small blind to continue with their whole range pretty often, a range that is weak that we dominate
    - we get to see the flop in position with a suited hand against the BB's squeezing range (as opposed to a tigher range he will play v a four-bet)

Pros of four-betting
    - never folding the best hand postflop
    - getting value from the BB's light squeezes when they fold or continue
    - inducing five-bets from a range you can profitably call
    - picking up the pot preflop often

Comment

I agree with Gareth. Folding AK pre only comes into play for me against super tight ranges... like if a villain is only on QQ+ or AKs, then stacking off 100+bbs pre against that range with AK isn't great.

While this BB's 18/13 is somewhat nitty for 6-max, his 3b of 6% is not a nitty 3b %, and he's squeezing a steal position button open and fish's SB flat, so he can be expected to be easily wide enough for us to continue profitably here.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Definitely not folding never tryed 4 betting though i haven't had the opportunity alot so i dont know about that one, what i would like to know though if you call a 3bet and miss the flop completely or the flop has low cards what do you do when the raiser bets into you and what do you do when you get a bad flop that you cbet in a 4bet pot and get called by villain?

Comment

Thanks for the help, I think I'd rather 4B here. But I'd like to hear the trainer's thought on Mike's post. About postflop playing this hand. umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.