PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-max Zoom AK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-max Zoom AK

Hi, vaillain is unkown but playing 2 tables The river is a check back ? I decided to bet since I could get value from worst aces. When he check raises me it seemed werid, since hands like 99 didn't make sense. Or maybe he was going nuts with some weak Ace. I just felt that his playing didn't amek sense with sets since the most likely was 99. So I decided to call. Any thoughts ? PS: He had Tc Jc Thanks umbup:

Hi fp,

I don't mind going for thin value betting the river as I agree we can get paid by worse aces. The huge c/r is indeed strange. Seems like he's got A6 or a bust, and A6 has to be at least a little concerned about AA/QQ/99/AQ here. I wouldn't fault folding to this action as many players (especially at this level) aren't capable of check/raise bluffing the river, they just always have A6+ here, but since it's a draw heavy flop and all draws missed, I can see looking him up like you did.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I see players take that line every time i play poker and nearly all of them have a monster, its really annoying that they dont raise the turn and you keep betting and have to fold but i know they always have it because i burnt like $30 ages ago checking out what certain players do with there monster hands.

There are players that take that line but i like a note to call them now, i dont mind your call as much though because you had to put an extra dollar in, on a dry board though i would be folding TPTK.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.