PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL FR, KK in UTG, correct play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL FR, KK in UTG, correct play?

Villain is 19/8 (over 28 hands), no other reads. Did I play this hand correctly? Was it a +EV or -EV situation ? Cheers, DrJ

4bet and get it in preflop. Calling OOP with Ks is going to cost you money in the long run.

As played pre, check/calling is fine.

Comment

Yeah 4betting seems optimal but a call for trapping purposes is not bad.
      Check/raising flop or turn seems better.
      As played I would shove river for value versus 99 TT JJ QQ.

Comment

I'd generally 4-bet and get it in pre, because even though villain should know that your UTG 4-bet range is KK+, in practice 2NL villains go crazy with AK in this spot.

As played, I like raising the turn. There are only 6 combos of AA that beat you, but 12 combos of QQ/JJ you're crushing, and villain might even be barrelling with TT/99.

Calling all the way actually cost you the minimum, as villain only half-potted each street, but I think you can gain value from worse by committing on the turn.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks, all!

I no longer feel so bad about loosing his one

(And I'll remember to be even more aggressive the next time!)

-DrJ

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.