PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aks cutoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aks cutoff

no read on villians, what would you do?

3bet more to like 0.18-0.24.
    As played fold because his raise shows insane strength, unless of course he is a complete donk.
    The only hands he could have that you are not in bad shape against are QQ and JJ so yeah fold.

Comment

Hi Rog,

You're in a great squeeze spot here, and have a solid value hand to do it with. A standard 3-bet size is 3x the open, but when there's already a cold caller, I'd go with 4x, so 24c would be my choice here. (12c misses value when you're ahead, and gives great pot odds on a call, which is not really what you want when you have ace high).
      For the SB to make a cold 4-bet, he needs a monster. As his size is a full 25bb, you can't call, and I don't recommend shoving either, because you're never folding out better or getting called by worse. In a full ring 2NL game, villain will show up with KK or AA almost always, so folding is good.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
      Arty
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

*Moved to analysis forum* Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Fad.

**Marking as evaluated**
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks to all for you help. I even did not know there is a thread for hand analysis!

I wanted to be clear the fold in this case was not a weak play. I will remember to squeeze next time a bit

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.