PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL - What would you do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL - What would you do ?

2NL - What would you do ? CALL or FOLD ? V-3: 399 hands 15/11 AF 3.4 3Bet 5.7 V-4: 26 Hands 32/20 AF 1.0 3Bet 0.0

Fold to 3-bet. No implied odds to set mine and you are either way behind (to a pair) or a coin flip to two overs. Be patient and wait for a better situation.

Having a plan before you get into a hand makes your decisions easier.

Good decisions!
    Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Mon Jul 08, 2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Easy fold for me.

I might even fold to the UTG raise to be honest unless I was confident someone else was coming along.

Comment

This is the snappiest of snap-folds.
        Two 40bb full ring shorties (one of whom is the archetypal nitty shortstack) are getting stacks in and you're contemplating calling it off with 33? They don't both have 22.
        The absolute best case scenario for you is that they both have AK, but more often than not, one of them will have a bigger pair than yours and you're completely crushed.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok thanks guys I did Fold but it was a hand that just bugged me for a time Here is the full hand >> V4 had AJ'o
          Last edited by Dodgy007; Mon Jul 08, 2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
            Easy fold for me.

I might even fold to the UTG raise to be honest
            Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
            Fold to 3-bet. No implied odds to set mine and you are either way behind (to a pair) or a coin flip to two overs. Be patient and wait for a better situation.

Having a plan before you get into a hand makes your decisions easier.

Good decisions!

UTG Raiser was a loose opener so went for Set value and stacks but once the BB was in I folded

Comment

Tight openers are usually better victims for set mining because they have a stronger hand which gives up better implied odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgy007 View Post
                UTG Raiser was a loose opener so went for Set value and stacks but once the BB was in I folded
                He may be a loose opener but is he definitely loose from UTG?

Against an early position open I am folding 33 more often than not. Especially to a 40bb stack. We can assume that the worst he has is two over cards. He might have a better pair. I don't think set-mining is good here and on the rare occasion that set over set happens well be the ones losin the pot. Not in itsel a reason to fold but all things considered I just think mucking it to the open raise is my preferred action.

Comment

UTG raise I call---SB calls----BB all in---not a 3 bet all in. with 3 players already in the pot I don't think he is trying to steal. In his position I would have to have minimum JJ to raise all in but in micro play some players with A K suited think it's the nuts I would put him on A K suited or a pair JJ or better.
                  UTG calls--- for me to call in UTG position the all in raise I would have to have QQ KK AA otherwise I fold. so pocket 33 is instant fold. If I knew these guys and played against them before there might be a change in my play but under normal play I fold

good luck

if I were in the hand in BB I personally would not go all in even with AA .3 bet to 15 then if an all in came around call.
                  Last edited by taxi128; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 05:33 AM. Reason: add on
                  Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.