PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing set, Reading set and set over set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing set, Reading set and set over set

I'm very sad and annoying by set because If I get set? everybody checks and if my opponents got set? he wins a huge pot. plus if i got set and make huge pot, my opponent shows top sets or straight

so how can i play set? and reading set is possible in online 0.02/0.05?

Set over set is pretty rare, so I usually just consider it a cooler when it happens, but it really depends on reads/stats and the action in the hand.
    I'd need to see a real hand history to see if you made a mistake, but the general rule for 2NL/5NL is to never fold a flopped set 100bb deep, on the flop at least. However, if the board turns really ugly, with 4 cards to a straight and/or 3 cards to a flush, then you should certainly be able to get away from a set.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Set over Set one of ya going broke most the time, it is the hardest hand to get away from and in most cases the hardest hand to see your opponent having.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables 

Brian
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.