PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL 25 Zoom: TP on the River but nothing worse will call a bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 25 Zoom: TP on the River but nothing worse will call a bet

Hi , only 7 hands on villain, he seems a bit fishy cause of stack size but I want to figure out how to play this hand vs a standard reg, so lets assume he is a standard reg. I think betting or checking the flop is both fine and once I check the flop I should bet this turn for value. I think the most interesting street is the River. I did a pretty indepth River analysis of the hand and here are my results: Range that the (reg) villain gets to the river with: TT-88, 66-55, ATs-A6s, Tc9c, Tc8c, 9c8c, 9d7d, 9h7h, 9c7c, 8d7d, 8h7h, 8c7c, 7d6d, 7h6h, 7c6c, 6c5c, 5c4c, ATo My debatable assumptions for his range are: - he calls with 55-66 on the turn - he raises his monsters on the turn - he bets his spade FD on the flop I calculated my stack at the end of the hand for three possible lines X/F, X/C and B/F X/F = only 26,61 since he would bluff with 55/66 X/C = 27,6 since I could bluffcatch profitable B/F = 27,21 Interpretation: - Bluffcatching would be most profitable but only if both assumptions hold: he has small pocker pairs in his range and would bluff with them. - He might even value bet his AX hand on the river sometime which would make X/F even worse. - He might get to the river with some spadedraws as well and bluff thoose which would make bluffcatching even better. - this is only valid vs a thinking reg vs a fish bet fold might be better to get called by 88/99 and maybe even 7/x. Additional Question: I calculated my expected stacksize at the end of the hand, could someone tell me to what EV that translates?
    Last edited by almigthybald; Sat Jul 06, 2013, 03:56 PM.

bet/fold or check/fold, ie bet/call and check/call are out of the question So bet/fold for value in this spot umbup: If villain raises he has a better hand. But his range looks weak and there are worse hands that can call us.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.