PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL - Q high flush on a 4 to a flush board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL - Q high flush on a 4 to a flush board

Villain unknown I think I should have gone for a turn raise to get value from Ad or Axd, you agree? I guess raise turn and fold to a shove? As played, I think the river is a clear fold right?

Hey,

Normally I would not mind playing it your way at all. If you wait until river and no other diamond came (which happens more than 80% of the time i believe) you could raise/bet then which might make the villain put you on a few more missed hands and obviously if he is folding you got another bet out of him.

Since you are facing an utg range, turn raise would be better imo because there are a lot more Ad and Kd in his range which he might call a turn raise with (obviously never folding a set, maybe not even a big ace without a diamond). You are getting value and protection and if a diamond hits he might not donk bet into you so you earn yourself a free showdown.

Comment

Hey Geo

I think if we ever raise the turn it should be to not fold. So against a lot of opponents I like raising the turn to get value from Strong AdXo hands, sets, two pair, and even a couple lower flushes. Note that we block a ton of villain's flush combos that they are likely to hold from UTG. Including JTdd QJdd KQdd, AQdd ATdd. Honestly I am not wild about calling this hand preflop versus an UTG open. I think without reads you don't have a good justification for making this call and that is your main mistake in this hand.

On the river we should probably fold. It would be nice to have some sort of stats on villain's aggression factor numbers.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.