PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom, Flop push - mistake or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom, Flop push - mistake or not?

22 hands on SB - 32/14 wtsd 20 but I didn't really look at the stats I figured CO had QQ+ maybe not AA because of the big flop bet. So I had flush draw + GS + 3 outs to an ace if he has QQ-KK. SB was short, he could have called with TT-JJ anyway so thats a good price for me. This was my train of thought, tell me if I'm wrong and where.

I'd probably be doing the same thing to be honest. Even if you out him on a set, you have so many outs on the flop, with the straight and flush draws. He can have overpairs, so many overpairs.

I just think you are getting it in with so much equity in the hand here the vast majority of the time that it is the right thing to do.

Comment

I agree with bhoylegend here. Getting it in here 3 way with so many outs versus these villains ranges will definitely be EV+. It will be highly unlikely villains ever have a set here, you could probably run into 66 making the higher straight but that's also unlikely, those hands shouldn't be continuing in a 4 bet pot preflop at these stack sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Rated View Post
        those hands shouldn't be continuing in a 4 bet pot preflop at these stack sizes.
        shouldn't but this is 5nl

Comment

I like the 3-bet pre. The small blind usually has a medium pocket pair when he cold-calls the 3-bet. For the CO to 4-bet, you're generally looking at a big pair or another AK. Calling is OK, as you're suited and in position. The overbet on the flop continues to rep a big pair. I wouldn't rule out AA at all, so I think you only have the gutshot and flush outs to be sure. Nevertheless, against a range of QQ+, you have 54% equity on this flop, so getting it in is fine. With so much dead money in the pot, you could make this play with 45% equity or something like that. I doubt you have any fold equity, so it's a basically a big flip. Half the time you'll be good, and half the time you won't. (If villain also has AK in his flop stack off range, then you're freerolling some of the time, and zoom up to 60% equity).

The small blind's call is very weird. Is he the one that showed up with a set?
          If these villains are bad enough to play bloated 4-bet pots with small pairs that got lucky this time, they will soon be busto, because they didn't have the right odds to go set-mining and will be leaking chips every other time they try doing it.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Spoiler

CO had KK, SB had 88 [/spoiler]

Comment

Originally posted by Praydk View Post
              CO had KK, SB had 88
              Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              The small blind usually has a medium pocket pair when he cold-calls the 3-bet. For the CO to 4-bet, you're generally looking at a big pair
              88 is a medium pair [x]
              KK is a big pair [x]

It's nice to get my ranges right.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.