PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM. KK - correct fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM. KK - correct fold?

Basically no data on the villain (3 hands 67/0). OTR can I call or should I fold. I thought I will be beat more often than bluffed and decided to fold.

In order a call to be profitable, you must win the pot 40% of the time. Probably, he is not going crazy with 9x, TT or QQ that often, so it is a clear fold.

Comment

Hey Predanni This is a clear fold because your price is poor and the villain should have enough value hands. Also, its unusual for people to bluff in this way. Basically, the larger someone bets on the river, the less often you need to call, which means you can fold stronger and stronger hands. Here, pocket kings and aces, are the kind of hands you need to start folding because your opponent bet so large. If they had bet something like 3/4 pot on the river, you can think about calling. But they didn't, so your price is quite bad. I also wouldn't expect them to be bluffing with a hand like QT that often compared to how they play a jack this way. Also, a bluffing hand like KQ is not that likely, because we have two kings in our hand. umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.