PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike2198
    started a topic QQ

QQ

[replay hand_id=489306 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=AC509ED651]

So i started value betting this tight passive hoping he had a draw and the more of my big bets he called the more i just felt he was gonna raise the river, is anyone ever jamming this river and getting it all in even though theres a couple of over pairs and sets he could be slow playing.

• mike2198
    replied
    Wow its good to hear i played that hand well, i guess i was slightly worried because i had a pretty big stack for 2nl and i was just picturing this type of player slow playing a monster, theres a couple of spots like this where ive been check raised on the turn and i had like $1.70 in the pot and i know im beat but it really is annoying to leave all that money in the pot but i guess thats something il have to get used to.

Leave a comment:

• Ovalman
    replied
    Originally posted by GarethC23 View Post
    Hey Mike

Great hand, perfect execution.

I would consider betting slightly smaller, like 26-27 on the flop, but that's a minor point. In short this is a bread and butter situation in these games. You want to get three streets of value with your overpairs in three-bet pots and you want to retain the initiative to do it. So that's great. Your river bet size is perfect and I don't think you should check-call to bluff catch, you could do that with a worse hand like KJ or AJ.

THe only thing I would add is that I would fold should your opponent decide to shove over your river bet. It would take an extraodrinary read for me to believe him bluffing in that spot.

Good work
    I'd actually consider betting more at the lowest levels. Players chase with any 2 and our tighter range will win us more over the long term with premiums like this. Saying that I think you played the hand perfectly.

Well played.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey Mike

Great hand, perfect execution.

I would consider betting slightly smaller, like 26-27 on the flop, but that's a minor point. In short this is a bread and butter situation in these games. You want to get three streets of value with your overpairs in three-bet pots and you want to retain the initiative to do it. So that's great. Your river bet size is perfect and I don't think you should check-call to bluff catch, you could do that with a worse hand like KJ or AJ.

THe only thing I would add is that I would fold should your opponent decide to shove over your river bet. It would take an extraodrinary read for me to believe him bluffing in that spot.

Good work

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    well played, you have a better betsizing here than in your AA hand as well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I see nothing wrong with your play to be honest. You'll get value from almost all Js and flush/straight draws. I think the river is a bet/fold. If he raises you here you are probably beat, but I think checking any street is leaving too much value on the table, even if he sometimes will show up with a lucky 2pair or a set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.