PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM. AA - missed value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM. AA - missed value?

Villain stats 8/0 over just 12 hands. When he calls my cbet OTF I put him on overpair or probably a set. Should I bet more OTT trying to get it all-in OTR? Was concerned that too large bet may leave only sets in his range.

Hi Predanni,

First thing I noticed here is that the flop is very wet with lots of draws possible, and your ranging indludes only sets and overpairs, no draws. This is definitely something to work on. It's usually the other way around, players tend to get overly concerned about draws and forget hands like pairs.

So I think his range here does include sets and overpairs, as well as top pair 8x, pairs+draws like 87s or 77, and both straight and flush draws.

Given this I do like bet/folding the turn, if he did flop a set (or improve on the turn, like 76s) that's when we'll hear from him.

I also think we should bet larger on the turn, since we expect to be called by worse 1 pair hands and draws and we have a comfortable fold to a raise anyway. If we bet something like .42c into .49c and he calls, that would create a pot size of 1.33 with 1.20 behind in our stack, which makes shoving the river plausible as it's less than a pot sized bet.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.