PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM, over pair facing min raise on turn, scary board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM, over pair facing min raise on turn, scary board

Villain: No stats, but limps in from BB and calls a raise -> not strong I get odds 1:6 to call. He might do it with K too, so I should call? I was prepared to fold to raise, but this size I should probably call?

Snap fold.

Villain is a loose/bad fish that limp-called on the button. Minraises by these players are tells of monster hands. He has trips at least, if not a boat. Minraises give you great odds to call if you are on a draw. You're not on a draw, unless you count 2 outs as a draw.

Use the Baluga Theorem to your advantage: "If you get raised on the turn holding one pair, re-evaluate the strength of your hand", with the implication being that you should fold. This player is almost never raising with a hand you beat. Aces no good, so send them to the muck.

Cheers,
    Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok, ty for analysis.

I folded it, but only because I had set myself to do it before I bet on turn. Later it haunted me

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.