PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why was i forced to call after villain 5 raises on the flop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was i forced to call after villain 5 raises on the flop?

not saying the other villain was going to fold if i shoved

Comment

What you couldnt raise? I had 1 hand where it was automatically checking my monster hand and i couldnt bet what so ever.

Comment

nope all i could do was call

Comment

He wasnt able to make an effective raise, ie. the amount of his raise was less than your initial raise, had he raised $8 or more you would have been able to shove over the top.

At least that is my understanding. I should probably know this for sure by now.

Comment

whats the point of that rule? i never head of it.... if i would have known i could have made it 3.75 that sucks!!!!

Comment

Yes as bhoylegend said the all in is only $3.54 more which does not constitute a legal raise (which would be $4). So when an under-raise has occured the betting is locked to players that have already performed an action. Players who have yet to act can reopen the action should they wish to raise but if they just call then players who have already acted can only call or fold.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

my own stupid fault for not knowing that...... like i said dont think he was going to fold anyway but the last thing i wanted to do there was call

Comment

Unlucky mate it is a common rule , the only under raise (proper name of it) a player can make is when they go all in. The only way you could have increased his raise was if you were after him in the betting. What i would have suggest you do was make it were he was not going to be able to under raise or make the villian call a all in. It obviously depends on the exact situation, in your situation if you had bet 50c less you could have still had the option when it got back to you , as he would have been making a legit reraise. So just look out for similar situations.
                  Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.