PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set 4's 2NL NLHE CASH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set 4's 2NL NLHE CASH

Sometimes I think I miss MAX Value V2 21/14/50 V3 23/16/68 V5 38/18/30 V8 17/10/57 V9 21/17/64 My thinking here is standard "No Set No Bet2 and if re-raised Pre Flop then fold. Its Checked to me and I bet 3Qtr and all Fold In spots like this I feel I'm losing value If I don't bet I feel I let another player hit a higher Set or give a free card to hit straight. From the V3 & V5 I was hoping for a hand Like AQ would re-raise me so I could Shove for value. I'm Multi Tabling so my play is straight - Hit set = bet Did I miss value or is my play correct ?

Your play is absolutely standard and correct here. You went set-mining for a bargain price (goota love those EP minraises!) and the pot went multiway, so you're much more likely to get action when you hit your 2-outer.
    This is one of the driest flops imaginable, but you can usually get called here. 3/4 pot is fine. I'd sometimes go even bigger (like 22c into 25c) if there are stations to my left, and especially if the board is a bit wetter.
    It sucks when no one has anything. You're usually getting called for one bet by hands like 99/88, and certainly Qx. Slowplaying is definitely not a good option, as it misses a whole street of value, and will lead to you getting sucked out on much more often.

Nice hand, just unlucky that no one gave you action.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
      goota love those EP minraises! Nice hand, just unlucky that no one gave you action.
      Thank you umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.