PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM, 4B pot, dry flop K-high, Should I call turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM, 4B pot, dry flop K-high, Should I call turn?

1. My pre-flop play was bad? 2. Call one more on flop? Villain only 2 hands, VPIP=50, PRF=50. He might be a agro, but only two hands so no way to know. His all raises were fast. Preflop: I should have folded to 4B I think or have I trusted my gut feeling that he was an agro, then to go AI. Another choice would have been to just call his 3B. <- These all would have been better than just calling? Flop: I was facing a bluf, AA, AK, KQ or KKK. So I don’t have choice but fold? I could have raised him though
    Last edited by braveslice; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Hi brave,

I think folding or 5-betting all in preflop are the best choices here, calling his 4-bet leaves us out of position in a bloated pot and it's easy to get lost on how to proceed. Note you can't call a 3b because the villain did not 3b... he raised, you 3b, he 4b, and you called that.

As played flop is an easy fold imo.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
      Note you can't call a 3b because the villain did not 3b... he raised, you 3b, he 4b, and you called that.
      Hi Dave,

That is so illogical I read about it and the blind is called the first bet. I 2-bet (raise) then he 3B (re-raise). But this can not be, so blind is not counted? So, I bet, he raise, I re-raise (3b).

After flop this same would go 1. bet 2. raise (2-bet) 3. re-raise (3-bet).

Great to hear I did the right choice finally, even though I felt totally owned there.
      Last edited by braveslice; Fri Jun 21, 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

If he limped, than you're correct, but he raised. He was the 1st to raise (2bet), you 3bet him, and he 4bets.

Comment

Right... BB is the first bet, V5 raised (2nd bet), you reraised (3b).
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty for making it clear Predanni and Dave umbup:

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.