PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL ZOOM. Overpair facing turn check-raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL ZOOM. Overpair facing turn check-raise

Villain unknown. Was a though decision to fold an overpair. I couldn't see any worse hand taking this line. It was pretty clear that the rest of his stack goes in on next street, and my decision was that I don't feel good enough with my hand for it. Was it a correct fold?

Baluga Whale Theorem suggest that fundamentally you did the right choice by folding. You were facing a better hand or bluff.

Disclaimer: I suck.

Comment

Hi Predanni,

I can't see without some specific read how we are ever good facing this action, so I think it's a good fold.

Also, as an aside, checking back the turn is a valid option here. Our hand is probably only good for 2 streets of value without reads, they don't need to be the flop and turn... they can be the flop and river or turn and river. Drawback to checking turn is offering a free card to draws. Benefit is getting a 2nd street of value on the river from hands that will fold to a turn bet, like 55, avoiding aggressive semi-bluff check-raises, and inducing bluffs from busted draws that are easy to call. With reads one line or the other could be clearly better, readless it's not a huge deal either way imo but probably lean towards betting as the microstakes player most likely mistake is calling too often.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.