PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom TT

Hi, the button is playing 33/25/17 over just 26 hands. The BB is playing 18/13/0 over 49 hands. Should I check the flop ? I decided to bet to charge a FD, and I could improve on later streets as well. Any thoughts on the hand ? Thanks umbup:

I think you played this in the standard manner. I am never checking this flop, and I am always shipping over the short-stack's min-raise. Since he started the hand fairly short, he's likely to be a bad player, and he's committed to getting it in with any ace or flush draw. (The fact he called a pre-flop raise with KJo is proof that he's a bad player).
    Occasionally he'll show up with a flopped flush, but you're not in terrible shape against that, with your boat/quad outs. He'll also show up with AQ/AT/QT two pairs pretty often. I wouldn't rule out pair+gutshots like KQ either. With the low stack to pot ratio of about 3 to 1, it's standard to get your stack in here with AK in hearts, let alone a set.

Nice hand. Just unfortunate to run into a hand close to the top of villain's range, and miss all your outs.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.