PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom 22 PF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom 22 PF

Hi, the villain that 3-bets is playing 14/11/20 over just 30 hands. The flat calelr is playing 29/14/0 over just 29 hands. Can I call with pocket pairs in these spots to set mine after having a cold caller and closing the action ? Thanks umbup:

I think this one's pretty close. When set-mining, I usually want implied odds of 15:1 to make it worthwhile to play the "spike or hike" game. The button is pretty tight, so he's likely to have a big hand here, which means you have a good chance of stacking him if you make a set and he can't fold an overpair. The problem is that you're OOP, so it will be harder to get full value, as villain could check-behind for pot control on one street. But let's do the math.
    You need to call 30c, so implied odds of 15:1 mean you need to be able to win 15 * 30c = $4.50. There's already $1.10 in the pot, and you'll have $4.30 behind. $1.10 + $4.30 = $5.40. When you factor in the third player, who may also put some money in the pot post-flop, you could win even more. So the potential prfot is a bit more than fifteen times the cost of calling, but I'd be reluctant to play the smallest pair here, as there's a slightly higher chance of being over-setted. That coupled with being OOP to the 3-bettor makes this one a close fold, I think. Calling with 66+ would probably be fine, and the post-flop line I'd take if I hit a set would be to check-call the flop, check-shove the turn. If villain checks the turn, then lead the river.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.