PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max A6s MW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max A6s MW

Hi, the SB is playing 37/26/25 - AF 6 over just 19 hands. and the BB is playing 24/16/17 on only 27 hands. I decided to call teh flop because he showned strength and I had the nut FD, I thought that raising would just make him call his better hands and fold the others. I called the turn as well because I was getting almost 5:1 odds to teh FD and if I'd hit I'd certainly be paid by his aggression. Should I've folded on the turn ? Thanks umbup:

reply to hand

5 to 1 is not the correct odds for us to chase, if the ace is also good that adds a little although if we hit the ace it might not be good and we actually might lose more money, so with the incorrect odds i think i would have folded the turn .
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi fp,

Remember in school when the teacher would say "show your work". Redo the math, I don't come up with 5-1.

The implied odds are good enough if we stack him when we get there... the problem is I don't think we can count on that too often... the villain will be worried about the flush draw coming in, so the cases where we do stack him are:

-He's on a smaller flush draw... not likely given his bet sizing imo.
      -He's got a very strong non-flush hand... like JT or a set.

And even with these hands stack action is hard because a diamond river he may decided to check/call instead of bet/call off.

I think on balance we have a fold here as played.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For the odds calculations I used 4,53/0,78 which gave me almost 6:1 implied odds. And the odds for the flush there would be 4:1. I don't think that a 5NL player would fold sets or TdJd to a river raise there after showing this strength, I've seen a lot of players stack with the second or thired nut flush. My odds calculations are wrong ? Thanks umbup:

Comment

reply to hand

I was meaning the 78c to win the pot and the rest of his stack as well , think it was closer to 7 to 1.
          Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by fp_boss77 View Post
            For the odds calculations I used 4,53/0,78 which gave me almost 6:1 implied odds. And the odds for the flush there would be 4:1.
            $4.53 is the absolute maximum you can get out of villain, but I think it's unlikely he'll give you his whole stack. On bad river cards, he might check-call, or bet-fold.
            A more likely amount for how much villain will put in on the river would be double his turn bet, so you might get $1.60 out of him there. That brings the implied odds closer to 4:1 or 5:1, so it's close, but I'd err on the side of caution and fold the turn. It's also possible that you hit a flush, but the board pairs and villain makes a boat/quads. :/
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.