PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl 6 Max Zoom - Aces Value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl 6 Max Zoom - Aces Value

Is it profitable in the long run to be playing aces so strongly? Ads

I think so, yeah, at 5NL there is more than enough 'fat' value to be had with big hands where someone has hit a small bit of the flop and are willing to go to the river with it.

I would have 3bet a little bit bigger. $1.15 or something around that.

Flop bet was good and sets up getting it in on the turn as you are are putting $3.80 into a $5.07 pot. If you bet anything else you arent getting away from it anyway.

I wouldnt have played it any different.

Villain never gave you any reason to doubt your hand with a re-raise.

Comment

reply to hand

It really depends on the flop and on the villian, if the flop is dry and the villian a fish be as aggresive as possible. The flop here was very wet flush draws straight draws, so maybe a little more cautious, but he never really told us we were beat so i think you played it correctly. But most of my decisions are based on my opponent, and what reads and how they play often indicates the best way to play a certain hand.
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Nice hand! If you don't have any reads on villain in a 4-bet pot with a hand as strong as this at all I'd just go for a big enough bet on this wet flop to be able to jam most turns. Since he flatted your 4-bet he might of course have QQ/JJ some of the time but also AQ and then some KK too as well as hands with the OTT that still call a shove. There's too much money in there already to consider abandoning this pot.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.