PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL - 3bet pot OOP river decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL - 3bet pot OOP river decision

Villain 31/25/7 (37 Hands) I decide to raise it up here with AKo from BB; I would usually flat against tighter opponents but I felt that against this particular player who seems to be opening slightly wider than usual even from UTG, there is some value in 3betting and seizing initiative. Flop is a standard cbet imo, now that we hit the turn I decided to c/c and possibly c/f river if he fires again since there are now 3 hearts on board. I also check to get value OTR from QQ/JJ and pot control. Do you think betting turn is a better play? OTR, I went for a value bet against QQ/JJ and now I get raised. Are we ever good hear?

Hey Geo

I think turn is a clear bet. For one we want to protect our one high heart semi-bluffs like AhQ or AhJ. Second, we can get value from a ton of hands all of which won't pay as willingly on the river. Third its impossible for villain to bluff raise our turn bet with a worse hand. Or nearly. Finally a ton of action killing rivers can come and rob our value.

So I think turn is just a big mistake taking a passive line here without much good reason. River is an easy bet/fold. We aren't even good here. If villain wanted to bluff, why didn't they bluff the turn when you checked a scary card?

Comment

Okay, I figured that QQ/JJ would my 3bet so my reason for checking turn was to get value from those hands on the river. I did not figure that AQ/AJ would call our 3bet (I wouldn't but we can't assume people play like we do); you're right I think checking the turn is a mistake since our hand is vulnerable.

b/f turn
      If we bet and he calls, what are we doing on non heart rivers? b/f again? What if a J or Q comes?

Comment

Half of QQ/JJ combinations have a heart in them. So would any of those fold the turn?

Comment

Good point

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.