PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl River range merge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl River range merge

Thought this would be a good spot to merge my betting range OTR against a 20/14/4 over 150 hands or so. We could probably fold out mid pairs if we shove this river, and might be able to get looked up light if we thinks we bet missed draws.
    Last edited by birdayy; Tue Jun 04, 2013, 12:25 PM.

Hi Birdayy,

I don't think this is a good spot to shove, basically his range is largely Kx and draws, and we beat almost all busted draws (only not beating JcXc). He's never folding Kx. At best we get him to fold JcXc some of the time, but that isn't even certain. And as for calling us light, what worse hand can he call us with??? Even if he thinks we might be stone bluffing a busted draw, he can't call off with a busted draw of his own and basically all made hands beat us.

My advice is to not worry about merging ranges at 5NL, you're going to usually just shoot yourself in the foot. Save that for tougher players... just play exploitatively in microstakes.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.