PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6-max Zoom: Value bet the river with AA oop on scary board vs fish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6-max Zoom: Value bet the river with AA oop on scary board vs fish?

Hey, only have ten hands on the villain, but he is likely to be fishy since he has a vpip of 50 and a pfr of 10 over them and I think he was one tabling. I think up to the river the hand is pretty standard. On the river I wasnt to sure what to do since I think he has a lot of JQ and JK in his range and than he has some missed draws like 78 or a FD in his range. So we only get called by better if we bet. The only worse hand I saw him call with is a Kx and maybe a Qx of diamonds depending how fishy he is. On the other hand I thought even a fish might shove here with missed draws and also bet his two pair for value so I wasnt to sure what to do.
    Last edited by almigthybald; Sun Jun 02, 2013, 10:35 AM.

ok I am a fish . but I don't see a problem . the pot is bigger than his stack u call. if u wanted to play a small pot stop putting money in on the flop or turn.

Comment

bet bet shove. no discussion

missng a value bet OTR against someone who is playing 50 VPIP and did not show any strength in the hand whatsoever is a cardinal sin. Yes, he will sometimes have 2 pair or better but most of the time he will not but will call anyway. There are just so many hands a fish won't fold in this spot... Just shove it in, if he got you this time nh but in the long run you will be winning tons of money

Comment

I'd bet flop and turn a little bigger multiway on this drawheavy texture.

River is quite interesting as I think a lot of options become attractive here. Shoving feels too thin to me unless villain is really stationy and calls with AJ/JT or some flushdraws that turned/rivered a pair. I think that betting small (and maybe even being prepared to call a shove as fds and 87 missed) could be a good play.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.