PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom AKo

Hi, only 9 hands on the villain, he was playing 11/11/14. Not too many hands, but I'd put him more on a TAG style. Usually players calling 3B out of position are JJ or QQ, but on these spots where I 3B IP on the BB my range isn't super strong so he could call me lighter. When he bets the river out of position I knew I was beat, but what hand could make sense here ? wouldn't the back door flush scared his JJ,QQ,AQ,QK, into just check calling a bet ? His stacks of more than 750 BB for me usually sounds like maniacs doing crazy stuff and getting lucky, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts on the hand overall ? Thanks umbup:

Hey fp_boss I don't think any hand with a Q in it is going to give you credit for a backdoor flush here, why would they? They should only start to consider a backdoor flush strongly if you raise their river bet. So then as to hands he can have that beat you, AQ/KQ/QQ/QJ all make a lot of sense. And there are a lot of combinations of those hands considering this situation. This is not a board or a spot where people bluff much, you have three-bet preflop and flopped a complicated board. He either has a 1 pair hand that he won't turn into a bluff, or he has you beat, so once he bets, he has you beat. umbup: I also wouldn't judge him big stack as a sign of a weak player. Some people make money at this game

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.