PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom AQo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom AQo

Hi, villain is unkown. After posting a AQ hand to review this week, some people advised me to 3B hands like these on these spots, so I'm trying to see how it works. So far got a lot of folds. After the villain called I thought I was certainly beat, so I decided to c-bet since it was the only way I could win the pot, and the might fold hands like QQ,AK without the heart. Was a c-bet on this spot wrong ? Thanks umbup:

Hey fp_boss Most important thing is to affirm that no one is folding QQ here with or without a heart. So the idea of getting pocket pairs like 88-QQ to fold to a flop c-bet is too ambitious for us. It is more likely that you can get AK without a heart to fold but I still think that's a good example of a hand that sticks around. I would be looking to fire twice or not at all on a flop like this, since I think a ton of hands are comfortable check-calling once. It really depends on your read of villain, if he will call too often preflop, I would fire twice. If he has a stronger range preflop I would check back and we have some outs to top pair or a wheel. Spots like this are hard to have one line, but what's important to realize is that our hand does have showdown equity, but can't make a value hand really. Even if we hit our wheel, our ace, or our queen, we shouldn't be looking to put a lot of money into the pot. umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.