PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom 99 against 3B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom 99 against 3B

Hi, I only had 17 hands on the villain but he was playing 40/40/67. I know that these aren't many hands, but we can see that he's getting out of line with his 3B. Since he made a fair small 3B I decided to call ( I usually call against small 3B with speculative hands if I'm getting more than 20-1 implied odds. And now looking at the hands it seems that I should've call the flop bet, but I folded since I thought he had an overpair. Any thoughts ? umbup:

Definitely should call the flop i would fold though if he kept firing sometimes you make a set on the turn as well

Comment

Hi fp,

I think you have caught on to the problem yourself given the nature of your question. There is a pretty large disconnect between "out of line" and "must have an overpair", so it requires more than 1 betting action to bridge that gap. He might have an overpair, but starting from out of line, a flop cbet doesn't get us there yet.

Consider 4-bet/get it in pre against someone way out of line preflop. Normally not loving stacking off 99 pre, but against someone who's wild preflop this is a good adjustment, widening our value range.

Also as played I wouldn't hate check-raise shoving. His range is necessarily a lot of air, many combos of which are 1 or 2 overs. And a wild child like this will also have 7x, 6x combos in his range and be prone to calling off with them. Yes we'll get stacked by TT+ and sets when he's got them, but we'll get stacks in against 88 and 7x almost for sure against this villain type, and pick up a 28bb pot when he folds which isn't a bad result either since our hand is so vulnerable on the turn and river.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.