PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Pairs OOP vs shoves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Pairs OOP vs shoves

Hi. When you are playing deep (imagine 200BB), and we are dealt Aces. There's two players with 50BB that shove, we are the next to talk but there's one player with 100BB after us. Normally you just call the bet or shove? I really don't know if is better to shove or call and lead on the flop. How do you play in this situations? Do you play AA the same way you would play KK or queens? How important is the size stack of the player after you? Ex: different play if you have 100BB or 200BB? Thanks in advanceumbup:

Personally, I don't want to play AA against three players, two is enough to be going on with and with each additional hand in there your equity pre is diluted.

I would definitely shove to isolate the two shorter stacks.

If the player behind has something he is prepared to call off half his stack with then he might be coming along for the extra 50 bb anyway.

Comment

Hi Straczynski, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have. You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there! Good luck at the tables! umbup: Kind regards, CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
        Personally, I don't want to play AA against three players, two is enough to be going on with and with each additional hand in there your equity pre is diluted.

If the player behind has something he is prepared to call off half his stack with then he might be coming along for the extra 50 bb anyway.
        You're probably right, thanks for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post

This

Shove

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.