PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - Do you make the call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - Do you make the call?

Villain unknown

Vs unknown i call, if you are set vs set, thats just cooler. Tho i dont believe it, i believe with a set villain would minraise or smooth call or whatever. Most likely overpair or FD, anyway we are ahead.

Comment

I'm calling. It's a massive overbet that could be for value or could be a semi-bluff with the NFD or some kind of combo, but I'm not folding a flopped set on this board at 10NL, even in a limped pot in which the villain might have a "big blind special" with 65. There are only 6 combos of better sets, but there are a bunch of overpairs, several random two pair combos, plus a variety of flush draws. If villain is bad enough to check-shove TT-88 here (I presume he'd raise pre with JJ+), or go mental with A5s, you're printing money. The draws I've included in the equity simulation below are all nut flush draws, but I think he can also do this with hands like Kc 6c (combo gutter/FD) etc, so your equity against the total range is probably higher than 66%. Board: ---- Equity Win Tie Hero 65.85% 65.29% 0.56% { 33 } Vill 34.15% 33.58% 0.56% { TT-77, 44, A4s, 74s-73s, 65s, 43s, AcKc, AcQc, AcJc, AcTc, Ac9c, Ac8c, Ac6c, Ac5c, Ac2c, 74o-73o, 65o, 43o }
      Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Tue May 07, 2013, 02:41 PM. Reason: typos
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.