PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom, EP KK flop Axx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom, EP KK flop Axx

I'm not sure about the C-bet. I have the villan on 8/0 (with 17 hands), so I'm pretty sure he's at least AQ+ here. I suspect my only sane option here is a fold? It isn't too clear from the replayer, but the villan re-raise .20 to make it .30 and I'm to act...
    Last edited by Saturnation; Tue Apr 30, 2013, 05:41 AM. Reason: more info
    Bracelet Winner

I think you played the hand well. I would take the exact same line as you did. The board is super dry so unless you have a rock solid read that he notoriously tries to make moves on these boards it is an easy bet fold. Your sizing is also fine I think (as long as you would bet the same amount with your Ax hands) umbup:

Comment

I think you played this just fine. KK on Axx OOP is always tricky. Check-folding is too weak, and check-calling doesn't narrow villain's range much, as he'd be inclined to bet with some underpairs if you check to him in position. Your sizing is good because you lose the minimum when you're beat, but also get the information you need to know how to proceed. Here you know for sure that you are beat. On this super-dry board, I'd expect the nit to have a set most of the time.
      If we were heads up in position, then I'd be checking behind in order to try and get some value on later streets. I'd sometimes even do this with TPTK, so it wouldn't be turning my hand face up.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yay! I final played one right... Thanks for the feedback from both of you.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.