PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KQ

Good read or a bad re raise, i figured a player as loose as him wasnt capable of trying to gain abit of value with the straight, they normally shove the monster so seemed like a nice value bet. He had a queen by the way

If your read is that villain is loose and tends to bluff or overvalue his hands, then re-raising the river for value is good. His small river lead actually looks like a "blocking bet". He usually has a weak one pair hand and is trying to set a cheap price for the showdown.
    Raising here is fine, but I'd often just call, because by re-opening the betting, you give the villain the opportunity to shove on you. You really don't want to be faced with a shove when you have two pairs on a wet board, especially when those two pairs are not top two. (Villain can also raise this river with A4 for value, as well as straights).

FWIW, I think you bet far too small on the turn. You made two pairs, but this board is very wet, with a number of straight draws, made straights and two pair combos. Define your hand and get maximum value by betting at least 3/4 pot on the turn. If you bet big and villain comes over the top, he almost always has the nuts, so you can fold. Betting big has a positive expectation (+EV) because it gets value now if villain has a draw that won't call a bet on the river, but it also helps to define villain's range. If he calls a large bet and then leads strongly on the river, you'll save money by folding, because he'd basically have to have the nuts.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.