PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6maxZ. TT on btn flat min utg raise. In position raise every bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6maxZ. TT on btn flat min utg raise. In position raise every bet?

Hi,

I don't understand what happened here perhaps over confident after a break from a good session.

With TT on btn I flat a min utg raise - no reads previously but now that utg raise looks so suspicious.

In position I raise every bet with 3 flush cards on the flop to an open ended straight flush.

River helps but can't understand if I was >>value owning myself<< or the villain hasn't a clue?

Hey FF Villain doesn't have a clue. You did a great job of extracting max value from his range at every point. Remember that just because you were behind on one street, the turn, doesn't mean you should evaluate your raising his bet as a mistake. You still had plenty of equity in the hand, plenty of ways to win, and moreover, against the range of hands he takes this line with, you are likely far ahead. So I think you played it pretty much as well as possible. I think it makes sense to raise every street given his weak leads and to not three-bet preflop most of the time. You could if you had a better read but it doesn't sound as if you did. WP imo umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.