PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl FR, KK vs check-raiser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl FR, KK vs check-raiser

villain VPIP/PFR 28/21 plus i have seen him check raising quite often when he is check-raising me on this board im sure i have the best hand the question is do i shove hoping to be picked up by a Q or do i flat and let him bluff in case he has nothing?

i like flatting here. whith soving you dont allow him to contienue with a bluff and he might even fold a decnt q i think with calling he can bluff one more time on the turn. i think kq+ can call you there so i think losing vallue by shoving
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

On this dry board, he can't be semi-bluffing with a strong draw. A4 and A3 have a gutter and 1 overcard, but it seems unlikely he'd have raised A4/A3 pre-flop in his position. So that means if he is bluffing, he's basically got total air. The flat-call of the 3-bet pre-flop makes it look like he has a hand like JJ/TT, but those hands aren't calling a shove on the flop.
      Since he'll fold all his bluffs if you reraise the flop, it's better to just call and let him fire a second barrel. Other than aces (and maybe JJ/TT that bink a 2-outer), there are no bad turn cards for you, so I'd like a call on the flop to let him hang himself on the next street. Most likely he'll give up anyway, because when you call the check-raise he has to put you on Qx or better.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.